Monday, September 14, 2015

6 weeks!!!

Okay, my companion and I have been laughing all week because I realized that I have not told you guys hardly anything about the past 6 weeks hahaha I´m sorry! You can all read my journal when you get home I guess....We had transfers this week but nothing changed with our companionship. We weren´t expecting it to because I am in training so usually you keep your trainer for at least 2 transfers and I am so grateful for that!! I seriously have the best companion ever!!!! We are so much alike and we just have so much fun together every day, I really love her! 

Remember that miracle I told you about, when we heard that voice yell "Hermanas!" and nobody was there but we found Lourdes and she said that her boyfriend wants to get baptized? Well we've known them for about 3 weeks now and SO MUCH has happened! Teaching them has been so fun! They are so chill but they keep all of their commitments and read the Book of Mormon together and they have questions and they love everything we teach them! We taught them the law of Chastity like a week and half ago and they were really unsure about getting married...the next day they told us that they talked about it and decided to get married!!!!!! Soooooo.......we planned a wedding in 1 day and they were married on Wednesday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hermana Porter and I literally ran around on Tuesday and Wednesday like chickens with our heads cut off! We had to call the judge and set up a time for them to get married at the church and invite their friends and family and get decorations and our neighbors made a cake for us (Paraguayans Loooooove cake) and we bought some soda and needless to say IT WAS THE WEDDING OF THE CENTURY. I only say that because Lourdes and Ino were both crying after they signed the papers and when we taught them last night, we could feel the spirit so much stronger in their home! And they are so so so happy!! It's so incredible to see how following the commandments changes lives and brings so many blessings of happiness! Ino can probably be baptized this week, we are really excited for him and he is so ready for this!!

Yesterday, we had stake conference and Elder Ferreira of the 70 spoke. It was incredible! The theme of our conference was keeping the Sabbath day holy....again! We have had the privilege of listening to so many members of the 70 and apostles these past 6 weeks and they have all talked about keeping the Sabbath day holy. It is really important for us to remember that Sunday isn't just a day to go to church, but to really spend the whole day focusing on the Lord and doing everything we need to do to spiritually prepare ourselves for the week.

Everything here is going so great! I love my area, we are working really hard, and learning a new language is the weirdest, funnest, hardest, craziest thing I have ever done! It's a fun challenge to tackle every day!

I never thought that the things that would make me most happy as a 19 year old were learning how to say a new word, having investigators or less active members come to church, reading General Conference talks and the Book of Mormon. Every day is a new adventure and I'm loving every second of it!

Thank you for all of your love and support, I would not be here if it weren't for you wonderful people!!

I'm going to eat a churro filled with dulce de leche now! 
Besos!!

Love, Hermana Nielsen 

I also finally bought a camera this week so I will send better pics!!!!


My area is so so so beautiful!....and my companion!



The wedding!!

No comments:

Post a Comment