Monday, May 16, 2016

The Mission Life is the Life for Me

Well the song "Forever Young" is playing in our Cyber right now and it's describing how I feel right now hahaha I want to be forever young aka 19 years old so I can be a missionary foreverrrrrrrrrrrrr because I am so happy!!! 

This week was a little crazy, we didn't have a lot of time to work because strep throat, interviews with President, traveling, and just crazy. But when we did get to work it was so great! I used to be stressed about having high numbers every week when our district leader called us but I stopped worrying about that and I worry a lot more about people and it's literally changed my whole mission, I enjoy it so. much. more.

We had to drop a few of our investigators this week and that is always way sad :( We dropped a girl named Viviana this week...actually her Catholic Gma dropped us jajaja she doesn't like the Mormons so that was sad. Then we dropped another investigator Marcelo that was seriously so close to being baptized, he came to church a couple times and was really progressing but he got offended by our mission rules and that we can't visit men alone without another woman and now he wants nothing to do with the church....both way sad but I am not discouraged! My perspective this week has been really changed! We have to drop people sometimes but there are always more waiting for us, and so so many miracles :) :) 

I had a really cool experience this week, we did divisions with some of our Hermanas and one of them was a local missionary from my second area. I was with her for the day and at night she really opened up to me and talked to me about how she was deciding whether she should go on a mission or not. I told her to really talk to the Lord about it but I also obviously told her how incredible the mission is and that if she can she should! We talked a lot and then I didn't really think a lot about it after. But I saw her this week at an activity here for the youth and she told me that she is starting her papers now!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for her! Idk, she just feels like a sister to me and her family really took care of me and it's just small things like that that bring the biggest joys here!

I've just been so happy this week! I feel so good having the spirit and being able to have such a clear vision about who I am and my purpose in life. In my interview with my President this week he talked to me about using the mission to receive as much personal revelation as I could. He told me the mission is like the temple and it's the best place to receive revelation about things right now and my life after the mission. It seems so far away but I know that it's coming and I used this week to think a lot about what I want to do and who I want to be. Not in a trunky "I want to come home" way but to really receive guidance and it has been such an incredible week for me!

I love being a missionary and I love having the spirit with me so much all the time! I always feel good! So do what you can every day to have the Spirit with you!

Ponderize: Alma 30:44

LOVE, Hermana Nielsen 


No comments:

Post a Comment