Tuesday, December 29, 2015

I'm not drowning

Hi fam! Don't worry, I'm safe and okay! None of the flooding has hit our area....I actually had no idea what was going on until I read your emails.


We have been traveling all day today-4 hours in a bus just might kill me over. We went to Asuncion to do Migrations to make sure my companion can still make it home in 2 weeks. It takes us about 2 hours to get to the mission office and then we had to ride in a taxi to the migrations office and back and it's been a looooong day. We also have to ride a bus for 30 minutes every pday to email so that's why I took so long.


The past couple of days have been kind of overwhelming! It was so so fun and good to talk to everybody on Christmas-seriously it meant a lot to me to hear the voices of the people I love so much (my screen was black after the first 10 minutes but igual no mas jajaja).


After the Christmas festivities we've just tried working really hard. We've had a lot of random things going on this transfer so we haven't had a whole lot of time to work every day which is hard but we are doing the best we can! When we were in the offices today our Mission President asked if my comp and I could talk to him for a minute. Our branch is really struggling right now-the church attendance has dropped about 50 people in the last 2 months and there is no priesthood help, it's really hard! But President Wilson talked to us about things we could change and how he can help us because mission presidents are over districts and branches so it's really nice to know that he's concerned and willing to help. He asked me if I knew the area well and was going to be okay to know how to work with everything because my comp is leaving in 2 weeks, I was like "uhhhhhhh......si Presidente.....espero que si!" I was getting pretty overwhelmed with the work that we have in front of us because there's a lot in this area and sometimes it feels like we aren't even making a dent but Heavenly Father really gave me strength and comfort this week that I would be okay! I've had a lot of questions and concerns this past week and literally every single time I have opened the Book of Mormon and continued reading where I left off, the Lord answers my questions or gives me the strength I need. The Book of Mormon is amazing! 


Thank you for your love and support, I hope you all have a happy new year! I´ll be celebrating about 4 hours ahead of you all! 


Also, I have been praying this past month for guidance from Heavenly Father with the goals that I'm going to make for 2016-I usually make goals that I can just check off but I asked Heavenly Father to help me make some that are really going to help me progress and grow, I hope you'll all consider doing the same and asking Heavenly Father in prayer what you can do to make this year the best one yet! 


Ponderize: Mosiah 24:12-16 Heavenly Father really comforted me with this chapter this week! 


Love you all, 
Hermana Nielsen :)


This is where I wash my clothes when I have to!

Ypacaraí



No comments:

Post a Comment