Monday, February 22, 2016

*****THIS IS THE EMAIL I SENT LAST WEEK BUT I DON'T KNOW WHY NOBODY GOT IT*****

This week:
We had to take a member with us to an appointment to translate the WHOLE lesson in Guarani hahaha it was super interesting but really fun!! WE'll see what happens!!

Yesterday the ac in the church didn't work and all 52 of us almost died from heat together! Seriously, the hottest sacrament meeting I have ever attended. 

Yesterday we went with our Branch President and his wife to visit this less active family that we are trying to reactivate. They have goals to go to the temple and we are getting them back on track! My sweet friend Madelyn gave me some valentines to give out before I left on my mission and I was able to share them with this family and it helped the lesson so much! The little girls loved the tradition we have of giving Valentines in the US and they were thrilled to see Disney Princesses! It was a really cool experience and we connected with them a lot better (other than when they were talking in Guarani the whole time jajaja). 

I'm really happy and really hot....we just passed a sign that said it's 40 degrees celcius right now....go look that up in fahrenheit. If anybody wants to die from heat, Paraguay is the place to be!!! But aside from the heat, everything is going well. We are working really hard. The people here are very, very Catholic and they don't want to leave the traditions of their fathers, but we are working on it!! Love you guys! Have a great week!

Xoxo Hermana Nielsen

Ponderize: 1John 4:19-21 (1John, not John)



No comments:

Post a Comment