Monday, August 3, 2015

Best Week of My Life

Hi everybody!!! I am in Paraguay!!! I already love it with all of my heart! Being a missionary is the greatest thing on the face of this earth!! I wish I could tell you everything that has happened this week, oh man. 

I met my companion on Wednesday, Hermana Porter. She is from Logan, Utah!! Yeahhhhhh, she ran track at BYU before she came and wow she is the best trainor ever!!! Seriously, her and I get along so well and she speaks English so that is a solid bonus!! 

My first area is called Reducto and it is gorgeous! It is super hot here and they are just finishing winter....I know that in about 2 months I am going to be dying!! I seriously cannot tell you all how happy I am! A lot of returned missionaries told me before I left that the first 3 months are the hardest and that you just have to "push through it." That is not true at all! It is definitely challenging but so fun! 

I am having the time of my life! Teaching people about the gospel in Spanish, what more could I want? I have been meeting so many new people and the members here are incredible! They are so kind and loving and they make the most delicious food! 

Here´s a funny story for the week, we were walking in the street and started talking to some kids about the gospel and it was my turn to teach them about baptism and invite them to be baptized and this 11 year old named Cesar was just laughing at me hahahah it was so funny! So many people here love to call me the North American and I think Cesar was laughing because he has better Spanish then I do hahahaha oh man, I have been able to teach this week a little bit but it´s really hard to understand people because they literally talk with their mouth closed so my companion tells me what to say or what to bear my testimony on and then she continues to listen and do most of the teaching, it´s quite the experience. 

We were in the middle of a lesson this week and just started laughing (don´t worry mom, it was controlled laughter and the investigator didn´t see it) because sometimes when I take a step back and look at what I´m doing, it´s so funny. I´m just this 19 year old in a whole new country trying to teach people in a language that I don´t know and it´s seriously just a good time. 

I love the people here already and I love this language. I am so grateful for this opportunity. I am already doing things I never thought I could do (I asked my companion to go running this morning....) and I am having so much fun. I love Paraguay!!!!!


Love, Hermana Nielsen

The Spanish Fork missionaries in the CCM together! 
We met these little girls and their 
puppy is named "Poopy"
 so of course we had to take a pic! 

No comments:

Post a Comment